Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Our Honeymoon, Part II: Jamaica

Let me start off by saying, Jamaica was by far.. my favorite country to look at from the boat. Seriously, for a girl who has never even seen a mountain, it was like a dream come true! I was in love with the mountains of Jamaica instantly. But, I'm not sure if it was the fact that we got off the ship in Montego Bay (I've heard from several people that it's awful and they avoided it when they were in Jamaica), or if it was that we didn't have any true plans for that day, but both Curtis and I felt like we were being panhandled constantly.. and it just wasn't too much fun. BUT! It's still a beautiful country, no matter how crazy the driving, and I'm glad I got to experience it. Although.. old people constantly saying, "yeah mon," to be cool.. not so cool guys, not so cool.

IMG_3382IMG_3383IMG_3391IMG_3401

For Jamaica, Curtis and I decided to take it easy and head to a beach (not as simple as it sounds, believe me). But once we made it, I was blown away at the view, and it was fun just to swim in the ocean. Curtis is tainted because he's been to Maui before, so he didn't have quite as much fun as I did, but he still enjoyed it! These are some of my favorite pictures from the entire cruise :)

IMG_3414IMG_3416IMG_3417IMG_3430GOPR0137
IMG_3432IMG_3434IMG_3441

A rainstorm appeared a couple of hours into our beach excursion, apparently it ruined a few peoples' day trips, but Curtis and I thought it was really cool. Especially because it meant going back to the boat early, and getting a hot tub all to ourselves, whoop. It also made for some cool pictures too.

IMG_3451IMG_3454IMG_3455IMG_3464IMG_3468
 
Next up, Grand Cayman and one of my favorite activities of all time!
 
 

5 comments:

  1. holy beautiful! i had no idea jamaica was so mountainous! those colorful outfits are fantastic! congratulations, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol old people trying to be hip.
    These photos are absolutely beautiful, look at that water! It looks like a painting! Here on the east coast we get murky green oceans.

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. We went to Jamaica for our honeymoon, and spent most of our time at the sandals resort, but the one time we went on an excursion, people were constantly trying to sell us stuff. I understand why, but it's still annoying!

    It is a beautiful island, though! I'm glad you had some sunshine before the storm rolled in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning photos of your awesome honeymoon!!! Panhandling is sooo annoying. When we went on a cruise and stopped in the bahamas for a day, we were swarmed by them...!!!

    xo Dinah @ sunshine super glam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those pictures are amazing! I really want to visit Jamaica sometime! Glad y'all had a good time :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the wonderful comments, I love reading and replying to them all. If you have a question, don't be a stranger!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...