Monday, January 28, 2013

Just a girl in the world

Part of today was pretty awkward. I ordered a tripod for my iPhone from Amazon last Friday, and it was supposed to be delivered today. So, I came home expecting a little package to be waiting for me at my doorstep when I got home from school. Welp, there wasn't one there, I was like, huh odd.. Maybe it's in the mailbox? I checked the mailbox, nothing there either. So then I looked on Amazon to see if it was still out for delivery, and this is where it gets awkward. It had been delivered, yes, but to my old apartment. So, I rushed over to see if the people that lived there were home, and if so, hoping they wouldn't think I was a complete crazy person that sends packages to their house. Also, I was hoping they hadn't tried to send it back or something..that would've been stressful. So, I got to the apartment, knocked on the door, waited for about 20 seconds, heard the people in there say, "it's some girl," waited 5 more seconds, knocked again, and then a guy opens the door, I awkwardly explain my situation, the girl that was there with him says there isn't a package..but I can see the package on the back porch (there's sliding glass doors), and then we get it all sorted out. It was weird, and they were really confused, but hey, I got my tripod! It's pretty awesome, but going to take some getting used to.

Also, another reason why this rushing around to find my tripod package was so annoying, I've been searching for a few books. Ruby Slippers: How the Soul of a Woman Brings Her HomeCoffee Shop Conversations: Making the Most of Spiritual Small Talk, and Jesus Calling. All of which are obviously Christianity books, but I've been really feeling God tugging on me lately to become closer to Him again and I'm in need of some inspiration. Ruby Slippers is about femininity in the church and in Christianity; now, I'm not really one to speak up most of the time.. in fact, I'm not even really a feminist. Sure, I believe we as women should have equal rights, but I also believe we are here to serve. Serve God most importantly, but also, to serve our loved ones, our communities, just about anyone and everyone that we are called to care for and help. I haven't been as good of a servant in the past few years, I've been so caught up with life, school, wedding planning, and well, let's be honest, sleeping, to really care about being a servant. Okay, that wasn't the best way to word it, I have cared and wanted to be a better servant of Christ, but I've been struggling to find my place here at school and at the church I am currently attending. Sometimes life gets so big, I just get overwhelmed and want to close up and go back into my little shell of comfort. But, I'm working on it, and I hope that all of these three books guide me closer to my relationship with God, with Curtis, with my family, and with my church. There has to be a place for me, and I know I can find it..I've just got to try a little bit harder.

As for the other two books, the Coffee Shop Conversations is a book I hope will help me feel more comfortable talking about my relationship with God. I'm certainly not a Bible know-it-all, although, I would like to be able to use more scripture in my life, but my hope is that this book helps me think about spiritual talk and how to speak to those that may not know Christ, or even be better at talking with those who do know Christ. The third is a book a lot of people around me are reading. It's a daily devotional book, and while I was frantically looking around for the cheapest version of it I could find today (I'm just going to order it from Amazon btw), I read the devotional from my birthday (which is tomorrow!!), here's what it said:

Keep your focus on Me, I have gifted you with amazing freedom, including the ability to choose the focal point of your mind. Only the crown of My creation has such remarkable capability; this is a sign of being made in My image.
Let the goal of this day be to bring every thought captive to Me. Whenever your mind wanders, lasso those thoughts and bring them into My Presence. In My radiant Light, anxious thoughts shrink and shrivel away. Judgmental thoughts are unmasked as you bask in My unconditional Love. Confused ideas are untangled while you rest in the simplicity of My Peace. I will guard you and keep you in constant Peace, as you focus your mind on Me.
Such wonderful, wonderful encouragement. I literally almost cried when I read it in Hastings..(I am such a girl). But I felt like Jesus was talking straight to me, telling me to just focus on Him and everything would work out as it should, everything would be okay, and I know that it will. I'm not a fretter normally, fretting makes me nervous and I mostly feel like I don't have time for it anyway because I have so much on my mind. But, this passage just calmed me, and I realized haven't been truly calm in a long long time. I have to put Christ first more in my life, so so sooo much more, and I'm ready to do that. I also realized something else today, while I spent some quality time in my car (thank you awful College Station traffic), this blog.. I don't want it to specifically be for fashion, or crafting, or photography, although I do love all of those things, I want it to be about me, and an enormous part of me is Christ (the whole part in fact!) and my relationship with Him. So, I want Him to be a large part of this blog. I've never been one to write in diaries, I find them tedious and they kind of make my wrists hurt, so this will be my diary...my very public diary (awk). And I hope that not only me, but others get inspiration from it. For that's my purpose here on Earth, to be an inspiration, a follower of Christ, a leader, a listener, a mentor, all of the above, and I hope that people don't misconstrue my meaning behind all of this, because I'm not a pusher. Never have been, never will be. I will not push my views on to others, rather, I would like for them to show interest in it and maybe consider talking to me before I start rambling on about the Man who saved my Soul, Jesus Christ.


Now, on to less serious business.. I just got a bloglovin' profile! I can already tell it's going to be a life saver when it comes to reading blogs, all of it there in one place, easy to find, plus, I can mark things as already read! Awesome! So if you'll just click the link below to follow me on bloglovin'. It's also super easy for those that don't have a blogger profile to follow along too! Follow me on Bloglovin' :)

Oh, and outfit of the day!


Got the comment from my future sis-in-law that I looked like I was from the 80's, not what I was going for..but whatevs. Oh, and ballerina buns normally make my head hurt, surprisingly, my head still doesn't hurt..it'll probably start hurting now though since I said that, ha.
______________

Forever 21 Navy Blazer: Similar
Urban Outfitters Mint V-Neck: Similar
Gap Boyfriend Jeans: Same / Similar (Save)
Target Flats: I seriously can't find anything that looks like them..sad face.
Michael Kors Gold Watch: Same
Toe Nail Polish: Siren by Pure Ice
Ballerina Bun Tutorial: Here

9 comments:

  1. ohhh my goodness, girl. reading this post made me want to be BFFs with you (...in the creepiest way possible). your heart for Jesus is so admirable and I LOVE your outfit. the end of last year my best friend and I started a tumblr that we considered to be a "faith & fashion" blog (you can find it here, if ya want .... http://j2fashion.tumblr.com/ ) where we would post our outfits and then talk about some relevant topic for young Christian woman. After a while, though, I started having SUCH a hard time integrating my faith with fashion and it kind of just died about a month ago. Thats why I decided to create the blog I have now...just to document my outfits and meet other bloggers. I would absolutely love to mingle my faith on my blog but 1) I don't want to seem like a perfect know-it-all, 2) I don't want to seem like a Bible-thumper, and 3) I'm not the best writer and struggle so much when trying to get my thoughts down in the best eloquent way. But as I learn more about Christ and fall deeper in love with Him I WANT to tell everyone about Him and what He's doing in my life...I'm just not sure I know how, yet.

    So yeah, long paragraph short, I can't wait to read your thoughts on the things you're reading in the books and learning on your spiritual walk. OH and check out your cute outfits too. duh. Your blog is already one of my favorites- keep up the great work! :)

    -Jenna Brianne
    wearablefunfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenna! We can totally be BFFs, I don't mind, teehee. I'll definitely check out the tumblr, and I totally understand about integrating fashion with faith. Sometimes it's really really difficult to find God's meaning in certain aspects of our lives, but they're always there somewhere!

      Oh, and I knoooow what you mean when you say you don't want to come across as a perfect know-it-all or a Bible thumper. For me, it's actually quite intimidating when other people know a lot about the Bible and can quote scripture at the drop of a hat, so I've started to think..maybe that could be somewhat of a calling for me, to be someone that people can feel comfortable around, and know that I don't want to push anything upon them or come across as a know-it-all Christian, because that isn't who I am.

      But, I'm so glad you're enjoying it! I really truly am! It makes me feel good to know that I'm not just rambling out there to no one ;)


      -Kristina

      Delete
    2. woot woot blogger BFFs fo' LYFE <3

      and I definitely know what you mean, my friends know all my imperfections and faults and failures but people who only know you online don't know the *real* you, ya know? And I've never ever been someone to try and hide my imperfections, if anything, I talk about them TOO much. I seriously believe that the absolute worst way to try and fight a certain sin in your life is keeping it locked away and letting is fester (ooh...fester...strange word). So I would be allll for doing a post along the lines of "hey, this is what I'm struggling with. i'm gonna see what works and figure out how God is gonna help me through it", because I know sooo many Christian girls are struggling with the same things, but yet no one wants to admit it or let their darkness be exposed to the light. So yeah, maybe I'll do that :) I seriously just want to help so many people (especially young women) grow loser to Jesus and I would LOVE for my blog to be able to help me do that! For real, I needed to read this post.

      We gotta be bold when it comes to our fashion AND faith :)

      Delete
    3. :D

      I completely agree! I tend to lock things away until I can't take it anymore, and then I can't stop talking about them. Work in progress, what can I say? haha But, I'm so excited about this blog now! It has so many possibilities to be a wonderful thing, and if it's a wonderful thing for other people, that just makes me all the more excited! Yay! Ahh, this is gonna be awesome! I'm so glad I stumbled upon your blog now, Jenna, to be able to connect with someone that feels the same way I do (and loves fashion, whaat up?!) is a pretty cool thing! :)

      And I kind of adore that last sentence! :)

      Delete
  2. Love this minty top and jeans! Such an effortless and cool look!
    Elena
    http://dcinstyle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!! I didn't know you had a blog! I LOVE it! :) You are just so cute. So happy I can keep up with you :)
    Haley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I've had it forever, and I finally just decided I'd actually do something with it! :)

      Delete
  4. Okay first off, I just want to say that I feel very defeated. I have typed this comment not once, but twice and in the end it was wasted because it deleted before I could send it. Jenna, I just want to say that you guys truly make the perfect match. Being Kristina's best friend/seeester, I mean this in the best way possible. Kristina, I just wanted to tell you how proud I am to say that I am your friend. You are such a beautiful, amazing, brilliant human being. I am so happy that you are finally finding your place in this crazy thing called your life right now. I am also inspired by you, what a surprise right? (That was sarcastic, you always inspire me.) You make me want to be a better person and by a better person I mean a better child of God. This might have came out awkwardly, you know I am not the best at talking about this stuff either. Yes, I maybe a Theo minor and get my fill of Christian history, but that does not cut it. I want to be inspired by Christ and have a greater reason to wake up every morning. Thank you for letting me read your blog and letting me know when you post because otherwise I would completely forget that I have not read it in awhile. (That makes me sound terrible.) Stay beautiful lovebug. Also, remember that I will support you and be by your side every step of the way in life. You mean a great deal to me and have since the first day we became friends. (I was going to say met, but that sounded to coupleish.) I know, I am a cheeseball sometimes. Who knew?
    Ich liebe dich meine lange verlorene Schwester,
    (I love you my long lost sister, the last part I had to look up. I'm not that good of a German)
    KelseyLou

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the wonderful comments, I love reading and replying to them all. If you have a question, don't be a stranger!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...