Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Spring Wishlist

I've been wanting to do one of these for awhile and the first day of spring seemed like a good time to post one, but I wanted to narrow down my "wishlist" first and pick items that I know I'd love for years to come. I'm definitely more of a fall/winter person, in the sense of I like those types of more natural and muted colors much more than bright spring-y colors. That's not to say I don't like spring colors though! My wedding has pink and mint green as the main colors in it, so as much as I love neutral color pallets, I do love pastels as well. But really, I don't think I could ever move to the Caribbean and live in orange, yellow, and hot pink 24/7. In saying all of that, my spring wishlist has a few pieces that could be worn year round, and would fit in nicely with the rest of my closet, aka magically appear in my closet, all of you.. right now. Pleeease?


1. Forever 21 Sleeveless Ditsy Heart Dress in Navy - I've been wanting a navy colored dress for awhile (although, if you click the link, the white dress is also super adorable), and I spotted this lovely dress at F21 last week while I was browsing around. I should have tried it on to see if I'd actually like the fit, as we all know, Forever 21 is notorious for making short dresses, so I'd have to try this one on in-store before purchasing it. The price is perfect though!

2. Madewell Hepcat Shades in Soft Mint - How cute are these sunnies? I haven't made an investment purchase in sunglasses in quite sometime, and I'm really tired of spending $5-15 on sunglasses that only last for a short period of time. I love the color of these. So these and number five on my list may or may not be making their way into my life.. we'll see.

3. jcp Long-Sleeve Poplin Shirt in Sweet Blue Gingham - I've been on the hunt for a baby blue gingham button-up, and I found this one a few weeks ago in JCP, but I think I'm going to hold out a little longer to see if a sale comes along.

4. Free People Floral Printed Denim Cutoffs in Turquoise - Okay, so maybe I've never stepped foot in a Free People store before, and maybe I'm against the whole floral printed denim thing.. but I'd make an exception for these babies. I'm in love. But, there's only one pair left (although, I'm pretty sure they'd fit me..shorts always run small on me -- thighs of steel ladies, thighs of steel), and $50 is still a little steep for me. So, I'm hoping someone else comes up with a pair similar to these with a little bit better price. But if I had the money, these would be on their way to me in a heart beat.

5. Madewell Drifter Shades in Dark Camel - I saw these lovelies before the hepcat shades, which led to me lusting over pretty much everything on Madewell.. grrr you bank account, why must you be so empty?! But, like I said before, I haven't made an investment in sunglasses in awhile, and I sure do love these. Okay, so maybe I'm only really wanting tons of sunglasses because I'm going on a cruise, so what?

6. Forever 21 Twill Shorts in Peach - I've been looking for a pair of coral shorts, but these might take their place. I've been kind of obsessing over peach (pastels, told ya so), and these seem perfect. But once again, it's Forever 21, and you never know what you're going to get.. so I'd have to try them on before purchasing. Oh, and would you judge me if I wore the exact outfit that's in the picture? I have everything but the shorts, ha!

7.  Forever 21 Polka Dot Dress in Cream/Black - I've reaaaaally been wanting polka dots in pretty much everything, but I haven't bought a single polka dotted thing. Honestly you guys, I think the problem is that there's just too much polka dotted goodness out there, and I don't know what to buy. But, I think I may have found the perfect casual polka dotted dress (or at least I hope so). Plus, I want to recreate this outfit..badly.

8. Levi's 535 Legging Jean in Night Out - I want another pair of jeans to add to my semi-out of control collection, what better to add then a pair of Levi's? I tried these on in JCPenney's a couple of weeks ago, but they've kind of disappeared since.. Seriously, every time I go back they don't have any, lame sauce.

9. Forever 21 Striped Fit & Flare Dress in Cream/Navy - I can only imagine all of the possibilities for remixing I could have with this dress, and it's striped, so uhm.. that equals me, clearly. Even though I already own a striped dress, it's mostly black, and seems a bit winter-y to me. Who says I can't have a spring/summer striped dress and a fall/winter striped dress? Ha!

10. Old Navy Bow-Tie Ballet Flats in Red - These babies will make it in my closet someway or another. I've been wanting red flats since I saw some at Gap this past fall, and these are the perfect price. I'm kind of hoping to thrift some though. A frugal Kristina is a happy Kristina.

So there you have it, my spring wishlist! Are there any items on my list that you wouldn't mind having? Or is there a particular piece that you've been eyeing too?















ps. you guys.. people are commenting on my vlog on Youtube. Whaaat? Oh Lordy, here we go, I'll have a blog and a Youtube channel all at the same time! Just kidding, that ain't happin' y'all. Youtube is a much scarier place than bloggy world.

16 comments:

  1. Kristina, get out of my brain! Currently on my wish list? Retro sunnies, coral high-waisted shorts (maybe with a scalloped trim), red flats, blue gingham button down, more striped and polka-dotted dresses... it's official. We're fashion twins.
    --Lily
    Fifth Freedom Fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah, wooow. We really really are, this is awesome!

      Delete
  2. Wahh Kristina why did you have to post this! I want pretty much all of that now and am dying to go shopping! But I can't :(

    <3 Danielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I know. I'm sorry! I can't really go shopping either..haha.

      Delete
  3. I love the striped dress! With a bright belt and bright accessories, it's so perfect for spring!
    XO, Rachel
    With Love, Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  4. love literally everything you listed! I'm headin to Forever 21 on Saturday on the search for shorts (because I have like...2 pairs that fit me) so thanks for pointing these pretty-colored shorts out!! I will definitely be keeping my eye out for them :)'

    -Jenna Brianne
    wearablefunfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meeeee too on the shorts thing. I've really go to get some sometime soon. Yay for going to F21, I may or may not go by later today..it'd probably be best if I didn't ;P

      Delete
  5. I Love some F21, such great finds for so cheap!!! And, Free People is my jam, those shorts are seriously so fun for spring/summer! I love the hippy/bohemian feel to their brand!!!

    Thanks for sharing lady xo

    Dinah @ sunshine super glam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me dos, me dos. I love Forever 21.
      I've always liked looking at Free People online, and their blog is pretty cool too, I just wish it wasn't so darn expensive!

      Delete
  6. I go through sunglasses like it's my job! They constantly break while being in my purse! Haha! I love the sunglasses you picked! So cute!!! Also, loving that striped dress and those printed shorts. :)

    ClassyInAClassroom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surprisingly, I've had the same pair of sunglasses for over 3 months! I don't know how they've made it through all of the back and forth traveling I've been doing between school and home, but they have!

      Delete
  7. So excited for Spring!! Great picks xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that F21 dress and those glasses! I'm so hoping for some spring weather here.

    x Audrey
    fashionhightea.blogspot.com

    Ps. followed you on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such fun finds. This makes me wish it was really spring. It snowed yesterday here. Major sad face.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the wonderful comments, I love reading and replying to them all. If you have a question, don't be a stranger!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...