Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Perspective

I found this really awesome video the other day, and I thought I'd share it with you. It just reminded me of how incredibly beautiful our world is, but more importantly how incredibly beautiful my own country is! I get so caught up in daily life that I sometimes forget to thank God for this amazing place He created for all of us. 

 
USA Roadtrip 2011 Timelapses from Brian DeFrees on Vimeo.

Sometimes I don't understand how people could not believe in God, I mean.. just take a quick look around you. At all of the wonderful creations He has created, at all of the people that surround you in your life, all of the stars in the sky, to me.. they're all signs of His love for us. This video made me sit back and reflect on all of that, and it serves as a great reminder to me to just take a step back and thank God for all that He has created and all that He has blessed me with.

I wrote all of this before the events in Boston, but I wanted to add something since this kind of fits the above topic. I am so proud to be an American, especially in times like these when we are attacked on a very personal level. We always join together in times of distress and great need. No matter if we're conservative or liberal, no matter what our personal beliefs about religion are, no matter what ethnicity.. we always come together and help each other. That is something no terrorist organization or crazy person that just wants to hurt innocent people can take away from us, no matter how hard they try. My thoughts and prayers are with the family of those killed, injured, or affected in any way, and to the residents of the great city of Boston. God is with all of you during this tragic time. I pray for peace upon the hearts of those affected. 

PS. For those of you interested, the video above is actually thousands of pictures made into a video. The man who made it used a Canon 60D, and had it take a photo every 5 seconds to record his trip around the US.. he drove more than 12,225 miles and traveled through 32 states. The video I have above is the photos his camera captured while his car was parked and he was out doing things (or sleeping I suppose). If you want to watch the video of his trip around the country, you can find it here.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what an incredibly beautiful country we live in. It is so easy to focus on the ugly, the messed up, the awful, but when we step back and realize how small we are in comparison to God's creation and how beautiful it is...wow. Just blows my mind sometimes. Thanks for sharing this video, and your thoughts on the Boston tragedy. God truly is good, even in times in tragedy and heart break.

    -Jenna Brianne
    wearablefunfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the wonderful comments, I love reading and replying to them all. If you have a question, don't be a stranger!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...