Monday, July 29, 2013

The dog days of summer

It's getting to that point where I'm just kind of tired of the heat.. oh wait, I never said it could inhabit my world anyway. What I've learned this summer is I'm actually kind of allergic to the sun? Not in the, "oh my gosh, I'm not going outside! It'll melt me!" kind of way.. more like, "ew, I have red blouchy patches all over my skin and they won't go away until I take a shower and have been out of the sun for a couple of hours" type of thing goin' on. So, bear with me here if I don't post outfits as often as I would like, it's really annoying to go outside pretty much any other time than sunset, and.. normally I'm doing homework or cooking then.

But, the other day I had to go up to campus to work on a group speech, so I decided to bring the camera with me since I knew we'd most likely be getting done around sunset. I made my way over to grassy section of campus {aka away from people..}, and started taking pictures. I'm sorry to say, I had to edit my face a teeny bit because I was still all red and flushed from just being outside for 20 minutes or so. Seriously heat, go away, no one wants you.

IMG_4319IMG_4315IMG_4266IMG_4296IMG_4299
Top: JC Penney | Shorts: Express (really old) | Watch: Anne Klein | Sandals: Old Navy

Oh hey, it's that eyelet blouse again. It's definitely been my go-to top this summer, and it's so classic, I don't see that changing for quite sometime. Although this outfit is rather simple, I'd say summer calls for more simple outfits anyway. I mean, do you want to tromp around campus all day long in 99* weather in layers? Nope, didn't think so. I say, go with what's comfortable and makes you feel good, it's always better in the long run.. or short run because if I'm not comfortable, I usually want to go home and change the moment I leave the house!

This weekend was a good one. Curtis and I went a little further east to Conroe, Texas and camped out with his parents Friday night. Good thing about Conroe, it's got the best of both worlds.. meaning it's about 15-20 minutes away from the big city, so we went to see Wolverine Saturday afternoon and did a little bit of browsing around in The Woodlands (yeah, that's the name of the town). Being from the central part of Texas, there aren't lots and lots of wooded areas, and you can see for miles and miles. So I really love it when we get to go out to East Texas and are surrounded by all the tall pine trees. All-in-all, it was a great weekend and I'm not too excited for Monday to come along.. 

6 comments:

  1. Love that top! So sorry about the sun issue! Does sunscreen help? I dress super simple in the summer, too! Gotta be practical!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i adore this shirt so much! it's a perfect summer staple for anyone, but it really encapsulates your style and personality. your photography skills are dang near perfect--look at all that beautiful back lighting and your pretty wispy hair!

    also, do we have the same watch? i think we do. it's seriously the most versatile, awesome watch on the market.

    can't wait to see photos from your trip!

    xo nicole
    writeslikeagirlblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tehe, yes we do have the same watch! :)
      I love that 'ole thing!


      I also love your use of the word encapsulates.

      Delete
  3. I love your shirt, super cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw sorry you're getting blotchy from the sun--not fun! But, your hair does look pretty awesome in these pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl, ain't no shame in editing out the occasional red-splotch :)

    I can definitely see why you are re-wearing that pretty top - I'm guessing it goes with everything?! It is super cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the wonderful comments, I love reading and replying to them all. If you have a question, don't be a stranger!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...