Monday, August 5, 2013

My Latest Obsession..

Okay you guys, I've become increasingly obsessed with Polyvore. Now, don't make fun of me too much for not realizing its awesome potential for creating outfits.. I have used it before, but just to find certain articles of clothing I happened to be looking for. I downloaded the app on my phone a couple of days ago because I was just doodling around checking stuff out, and then.. boom, Kristina has made 20 something outfits and it's 3 o'clock in the morning. Personally, I think it's much more user friendly on the iPhone app, I just never really understood what the heck I was supposed to do on the computer every time I tried to create something, which normally ended in my just scrapping what I was trying to create. 

Anyway, I'm going shopping with my mom this coming weekend, and I'm determined to change some of my shopping habits. I always seem to buy either one: shoes, two: pants/skirts, or three: more shoes, which has led to a closet that is full of a multitude of shoes and bottoms.. with no tops to wear with them. I think I just get a bit overwhelmed with the amount of tops out there, and I never feel like going through and looking at all of them. So, I am specifically going to just look at blouses, although I am on the hunt for a specific pair of shoes (when am I not? ha), so I may have to pick those up as well. As for my Polyvore sets, they are helping me to plan out things for buying a more professional looking wardrobe. Since I'm graduating soon and will be looking for a job, I figured I needed to start getting serious about picking out pieces that will be the most versatile, meaning I can wear them in a professional setting as well as on a more normal basis. 

Enter my Polyvore sets: 

Work Wear 8
Apt. 9 Top / Wallis Blazer / Gap Dark Wash Jeans / Oxford Heels / FOSSIL Structured Leather Handbag / Target Gold Bangle Watch / ASOS Bangle Bracelet, $15 / House of Harlow 1960 Earrings  / Butter London Nail Polish


Work Wear 3

J.Crew Striped Tank / H&M Knit Cardigan, $38 / Banana Republic Black Pants / D'Orsay Flats / ASOS Strap Satchel / FOSSIL Wrist Watch / FOSSIL Pendant Necklace

Work Wear 4


H&M Red Button-Up Blouse, $23 / Blazer / Gap Black Pants / Patent Loafer, $30 / Motel Satchel Hand Bag, $45 / FOSSIL Gold Watch / Butter London Nail Polish


Work Wear 5


H&M Satin Blouse, $30 / J.Crew Pencil Skirt / Witchery Ballet Flats, $115 / Kate Spade Leather Handbag / Anne Klein Watch / Forever 21 Bangle / Forever 21 Gold Earrings / Vintage Sunglasses / Pieces Belt

Work Wear 6

H&M Chiffon Blouse, $30 / Banana Republic Pencil Skirt / Zara Ankle Wrap Flat / Zara City Bag / Anne Klein Watch  / Anne Klein Earrings / Swell Belt

Now, I know I have a long way to go before having an awesome professional wardrobe, but I think I'll start out by acquiring a few classic tops that will also enhance the wardrobe I already have! If you follow me on Instagram, you'll know that I've already started this process by scoring one awesome black chiffon peplum top at Forever 21 this past weekend on sale for $11.

Happy Monday, my friends! Let me know whatcha think, and if anyone has experience building a professional wardrobe, do you have any tips? 


3 comments:

  1. Great styling picks, Kristina! Love all of the simple yet sophisticated picks :) My picks would have to be the 1st, 3rd and 4th style inspirations though.

    By the way, I've updated my blog with a new post. I'd love for you to swing by :) www.fashchronicles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, those are great! I've noodled on Polyvore on my computer a bit but it's so confusing...I'll have to check out the iPhone app! I love, love, LOVE those nude/black captoe flats that you featured in the fourth look. Seriously, those are lovely!!!

    brynnash.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. really great outfits.. I love both the black blazers you've showcased! I must get my hands on one....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the wonderful comments, I love reading and replying to them all. If you have a question, don't be a stranger!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...