Thursday, September 19, 2013

Our Wedding, Part V: The Reception

While I was having my little break from blogging, I completely spaced on the fact that I still had two more parts to my wedding to show y'all! So, here are the pictures from the reception. We didn't do anything too spectacular as neither Curtis and I truly wanted dancing. We love music, lots and lots of music, but dancing.. not so much. Plus, we wanted to have a reasonable amount of time to run off to Houston the night before our Honeymoon and stay in a super fancy hotel called the JW Marriott in downtown Houston. But, we did have a fun little photo booth, lots of tasty food, and good music (to which people were more than welcome to get their groove on to.. ha). Oh, and I can't believe Curtis and I have been married for FOUR months already! What?!

IMG_9433IMG_8322IMG_8337IMG_8376IMG_8381IMG_8424IMG_8389IMG_8383IMG_9453IMG_9467IMG_9475IMG_9465IMG_9521IMG_9523IMG_8447IMG_9536
All photos were taken by Aly Day of Make My Day Photography

If you would like to check out more from our wedding, you can look through these links - Part I: Getting Ready, Part II: The Details, Part III: The Wedding Party, and Part IV: The Ceremony

Happy Thursday, lovelies!


3 comments:

  1. I literally still cannot get over how absolutely GORGEOUS you looked! Not that it's such a strange thing for you to look beautiful (cause you always do, obvs) but you were seriously the most perfect bride. Dang, if I look half as amazing on my wedding day I'll be in great shape ;)

    I'm also SO glad to see you didn't have any sort of DJ! Matt and I (mostly me...) don't really want a crazy dance party at our wedding and I've already gotten a "well, it wont be a celebration without dancing!" which I think is REAL dumb.

    <3 Jenna Brianne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Jenna. I didn't realize you could choose not to have much dancing at a wedding. I guess it's YOUR day after all right? Just never thought of that. My bf and I aren't dancers either and although I'd like a slow dance or three, I would not be up there rocking out on the dance floor.

    Those mustache pictures with you and Curtis are hilarious. Especially the one where Curtis is caught laughing. Perfect candid shot!

    Lauren
    Exploring My Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah, yeah, well.. the church we're a part of (as a whole.. like the denomination) is super conservative, so many couples opt to not have dancing. We didn't do it for those reasons, but it helped explain it to people who were just being really lame about the no dancing (which wasn't too many people). Ah well, I still had tons of fun without it ;)

      Delete

Thank you for the wonderful comments, I love reading and replying to them all. If you have a question, don't be a stranger!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...