Saturday, June 25, 2011

DIY: Flower Paper Lantern

Soo, I sort of took this idea from Crafty Nest, head on over there for some more fabulous ideas. But its an adorable way to revamp those paper lanterns that you just seem to be attracted to, but can't exactly figure out why..or what you'd do with them in your apartment/house. I fell in love with the flowered one instantly and had to do it! Unfortunately, well, rather fortunately, its not Christmas or anywhere near it, so there aren't any faux poinsettias laying around anywhere in the craft stores. But I thought white daisies would look just as good, so I got a few bundles of them from Walmart. Also, I couldn't find any of the pom pom fringe, so I just bought little pom pom balls in a baggie from Jo Ann's Fabric. I think the smaller balls look better, by the way. I bought the paper lantern on sale in a pack of three from Hobby Lobby for like $2! All in all, this project cost me about $7, not too shabby if I do say so myself, but I did already have the cord set and light bulb needed for hanging lanterns.

All you'll need for this project:

  1. Paper lantern, any size will do. 
  2. Faux flowers, white for this particular project, but you can do any color you want! 
  3. Pom pom balls
  4. Hot glue gun, with glue
  5. Scissors 
  6. A cord kit
  7. Light bulb

Here's some pictures & a link to the website, along with instructions right HERE.

Enjoy!


This would be mine! Excuse the background..I'm made it for my future apartment that I won't be moving to until the middle of August! 


The two that Crafty Nest made, gorgeous!

xoxo,
Kristina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the wonderful comments, I love reading and replying to them all. If you have a question, don't be a stranger!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...