Tuesday, July 9, 2013

At Home Inspiration: Living Spaces

As most of you know, I just got married, which brought along with it an entire new space to decorate. (YAY!) I haven't truly shared my love for design on here before, mostly because I didn't have time to even think about things like that during the wedding planning, and my tiny one bedroom apartment was already decorated before I even started this blog. But, I thought I'd share a few photos that are inspiring me for my brand new home lately, especially in the living room and dining area. 

Source
Source
Source
Source

Source

Source

Source

Source

Source
After looking through these photos, I realized I really do love me some gallery walls. Kind of obsessively actually.. good thing I've already got one up in the hallway, and have plans for at least two more (or four). I won't divulge all of my secrets about all of that quite yet, but I've got quite the itch to go thrift shopping or to a flea market to find some really good finds. I especially love the plates on the walls. Some are floral, others are vintage, and some even have different places on them (geography junkie right here!). I know my mom (hint, hint mom..) has some, so maybe I can convince her to let me display them! Tehe. And I have a plethora of chalkboards because of the wedding, so the picture right above has given me some really good inspiration. We have tall, tall ceilings in there, and it's been giving me the fits when I've thought about what to put there.

I'm also on the hunt for a hutch like the blue one above. I've looked through Craigslist in my area, but everyone wants to charge way too much. Sometimes I don't think people understand that what they're selling is used.. lol. But, hopefully I can find one soon! Oh, and I want plants. Curtis doesn't get it, but I want them. Maybe not nine in one area, but one or two would suffice. Hopefully I can convince him, ha.

Alright, do you guys have any areas in your home that you want to put more of your personality in?


6 comments:

  1. goodness, i love all of these ideas!
    i cant wait to have a home i can do fun stuff to!
    K

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of these! Such great inspiration choices!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun decorating your house! I loved looking at those pictures 'cause I'm actually in the middle of decorating my new house right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl I am obsessing over gallery walls too. I have one planned out in our new house but I'm waiting till we have wedding pictures to display! That hutch is perfection too... I just showed it to Larry and said WE HAVE TO HAVE THIS. And I know, people are just crazy trying to sell their crappy stuff for such high prices!

    Can't wait to see how y'alls new home together looks :)

    <3 danielle
    goodwillista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun, Kristina! I love interior decor but our apartment is sadly wayyyy underdecorated. Kevin and I have really different senses of style, and since we know we'll be moving again somewhat soon (okay, like in 1-2 years...), I don't want to get super invested in decorations that I'll just have to take down soon anyways. I'm lazy and boring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I do not have the designing gene because I just don't have the eye for it but I'd love to get inspiration from photos like you've done! Can't wait to see what you've done with your new place!

    Lauren
    Exploring My Style

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the wonderful comments, I love reading and replying to them all. If you have a question, don't be a stranger!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...